Multi Protocol TX RF Module

Like B&Q for homebrew radios
Shaun

Multi Protocol TX RF Module

Post by Shaun »

www.hobbyking.com/en_us/jumper-jp4in1-m ... odule.html

This looks useful.. any comments from our clever electronically gifted forum members. :D

Shaun
GarydNB

Re: Multi Protocol TX RF Module

Post by GarydNB »

....something else for me to blow up.... :roll:
Gary
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Shaun

Sorry I'm not one of the "clever electronically gifted forum members", but I think most of us are using something very similar from Banggood:

https://www.banggood.com/2_4G-CC2500-NR ... rehouse=CN

It's more of a DIY hack module with no case. There is a cheaper ATmega328 (think Arduino) version, but it hasn't enough memory to store all the protocols simultaneously.

Cheers

Mike
Martin

Post by Martin »

I've upgraded five transmitters for friends using the modules Mike mentioned. You get fifteen (ATmega) or thirty (STM32) different protocols available on the rotary dial. With smart transmitters like the Taranis or 9XR Pro, you never have to touch the module's dial nor bind button - protocol selection and binding is done via the model set up menu, and you can use more than 15 or 30 different protocols. Once a model is set up, whenever you select that model memory the module automatically switches to the correct protocol for that model.

The OpenTx code that the smart transmitters run is open source, so if you're building your own microcontroller-based transmitter you could implement the same automatic protocol switching - but any dumb transmitter that can drive an ordinary single protocol module can also drive these multiprotocol modules if the user doesn't mind turning the dial when changing to a different operating mode.

The modules support telemetry, when applicable, and seem to have similar range to the single-protocol modules.

There is a fine-tuning number you can set when using FrSky protocols that gives more perfect tuning. You can't set this when using the dial - but the newer modules I've fitted all work well when the fine tuning parameter is left at its default (zero) value.
FBMinis

Post by FBMinis »

I built and use the Arduino version since the thread on RCGroups was just a couple of pages long. I't now gotten huge with countless updates but the Github page is solid in terms of providing newcomers some guidance.
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Has anyone fitted this module with a standard antenna? and if so, is it hard? the PCB antenna I think will not work well inside a metal case.

https://www.banggood.com/Multiprotocol- ... ?rmmds=buy
Cheers,

Dave
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Dave,

The version you have linked to is meant for short range (50m +/-) control of a variety of tiny indoor quads, like the little Cheerson CX13(?) that fits in the palm of your hand. If you're looking for something to fly 'typical ' outside distances with, you need something like the
2.4G CC2500 NRF24L01 A7105 CTRF6936 4-IN-1 Multi-protocol STM32 TX Module With Antenna

I have one of these in my Taranis which works extremely well.
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

I was wondering why the PCB antenna.

Thanks Wayne,

BTW, 4 Digisparks arrived today.
Cheers,

Dave