2.4 modules discontinued!

Like B&Q for homebrew radios
stuart mackay

Re: 2.4 modules discontinued!

Post by stuart mackay »

Hi Al, did your BG 4 in 1 arrive? Mine have, both proved more simple to use without the frequency tuning that Jumper requires to work with FrSky & Corona.

Mike Kitchen has figured out a firmware workaround for those using a Jumper without a taranis! Am sure Mike will be along soon to tell us more.
Al Clark

Post by Al Clark »

Stuart,

Yes my 4-in-1 finally arrived after more than 7 weeks. I'm just now fashioning a mount for it inside my 1974 RS 6CH SS TX. Glad to hear no tuning is required.
Al Clark
Al Clark

4-in-1 Module Input Identification

Post by Al Clark »

Folks I have the 4-in-1 multi purpose module from Banggood. I've been looking it over and I think I've identified the inputs from my decoder. However I'd like to verify I'm correct. [Edit: wrong, see below] In the photo, on the upper left, it appears their are 4 inputs annotated as GND (ground); TX (transmitter); RX (receiver but not sure if it actually says RX); and Vin (voltage in). I believe I should use the GND and Vin
4-in-1 2.4 Module.jpg
for the power, and use the TX for the PPM coming out of the decoder. If anyone else has used this module I'd appreciate knowing if I'm correct.
Al Clark
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Phil_G wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 01:51 I havent used one of these Al so I'm not sure but I doubt thats the case. Surely its the conventional JR connector in the diagonally opposite corner? The tx and rx will be for serial I/O
Others who have used it will be along soon I'm sure.
Cheers
Phil
You are correct Phil in your assumption.
Cheers,

Tobe
Martin

Post by Martin »

Yes, use the (standard JR) black connector in the bottom right of your photo.

There are 5 pins. Reading from the top:

1. CPPM signal to module.
2. You don't need to use this one. May have been an RF-power-level signal on old 35MHz modules (for driving a 'transmitted power' meter which some transmitters had instead of/as well as, a battery meter.
3. Battery positive, power supply.
4. Ground.
5. Again, you don't need to use this pin which is a hangover from long-wire antenna modules - this was the R.F. output pin from the module, connected to the transmitter telescopic antenna.

I'm not sure which pin computer radios use when they're communicating with modern modules serially - maybe it's the same pin 1, or maybe it's pin 2 and/or 5? In any case, for the normal PPM signal, you only need to use (counting from the top) pins 1, 3, and 4.
Al Clark

Post by Al Clark »

Martin, Tobe, Phil,
Thanks for the information guys!
Al Clark
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Phil

I got mine about 3 weeks ago. DHL delivered them without customs charge, then a week later I got an invoice in the post for the customs charge and their handling. So lucky I got mine, but a bit of a shame I got hit with the customs. It appears that Singapore Post only uses passenger flights and not cargo aircraft to move their packages. And there are very few of those at the moment, so they're building up a bigger and bigger backlog. Hopefully they'll come one day? As they're still in transit, HK just aren't interested, I've got other bits on the way from HK and until Singapore Post says they're lost, HK won't do anything. If you paid via PayPal, they will help, I don't know about credit card companies.

Mike
MaxZ

Post by MaxZ »

Mike_K wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 21:26If you paid via PayPal, they will help,
Well..... I have put a claim in with them June 3rd, but they keep postponing to take a decision one way or another. Now it's going to be July 14th!