HK GT2R module hook up.

Like B&Q for homebrew radios
MaxZ

Re: HK GT2R module hook up / Robbe Kompakt conversion

Post by MaxZ »

Just to finish this topic, here are the results of my toiling.
I skipped the GT2R module, and used a Flysky AFHDS-2A module after dismantling (euphemism :shock: ) of the FS-RM0003.
The transmitter is not in the prettiest condition externally, I think the fuel residues of yore have attacked the already matted surface, and trying the best I could (within reason) I could not get all the nooks completely cleaned.
The 2 channel transmitter is a bit of an enigma. The right stick (seen from the front) has the well known trimming mechanism, with an external lever rotating the pot by a small amount. But the one to the left has a completely different mechanism, whereby the pot is fixed (except for a permanent adjustment facility), and the lever is moving the centering mechanism around the axis, so you are able to set the spring-return of the stick to any position.

Something strange happened on the first attempt to bind the Rx to the Tx. Initially I used a spare Rx, a Turnigy iA6B, which I knew works fine with my TGY-i6 transmitter, but it refused to bind. Then I used a smaller iA6 type and it would bind without problem. Both Rx's are expecting the AFHDS-2A protocol, but the iA6B has full telemetry, while the iA6 only returns the Rx battery voltage and the reception quality.
Off course the module is not telemetry-capable (as far as I know), but I don't see how that could influence the binding.

About programming the DigiSpark: I used Phil's 3 ch sketch with bells and whistles as a basis, but converted it to a 2 channel, without the s/c capabilities and the mixing, since the Tx is going to be used for boats mainly.
I disabled the throttle lock. The mechanism I described above will ensure that the throttle is in the off position as long as you do not touch it, and it will be also when you need a mid position "off' in case of a forward/reverse type ESC
I made some more changes, but these are just a matter of taste.

Cheers,
Max.
DSC03977.JPG
DSC03976.JPG
DSC03974.JPG
DSC03973.JPG