New FrSky hack module on the horizon

Like B&Q for homebrew radios
stuart mackay

New FrSky hack module on the horizon

Post by stuart mackay »

Have just put the phone down to Richard at T9 HobbySport, he tells me that FrSky are producing a new Hack Module called the XHT and designed to work on the V & X protocols.

https://www.t9hobbysport.com/

He is expecting first deliveries in May 2020, priced around £30, but dont call him yet as they havent arrived at the time of writing this (Easter 2020).

Hope this helps
Cheers
Stuart
Mike_K

Re: New FrSky hack module on the horizon

Post by Mike_K »

That is great news.

I had a quick look on FrSky's website and found the EU cert' where they list an XHT and interestingly an XFT as well, so it looks like they are going to support Futaba compatible modules as well as a hack module. I couldn't find any other details though.

https://www.frsky-rc.com/wp-content/upl ... 33C%29.pdf

So there was no need for me to stash all those DHT modules away!

Mike
rudderonlybird

Post by rudderonlybird »

That figures :lol: I have a total of five DHT modules for waiting vintage transmitters :) Aloft Hobbies here Stateside show compatible receivers 'not in stock'...fortunately, I usually buy a receiver with the DHT's.

Marc
jmendoza

Post by jmendoza »

I'm hoping something becomes available soon,
the Lemon RX guys said they were only a few weeks from releasing their Module, but that was over a month ago, and nothing.

The FrSky is not popular here, everyone flies DSM2/X so nobody wants a Fr-Sky Tx unless it is a Taranis with an I-Range IRX4-Plus module.

I have turned down a bunch of conversion work because I cannot get modules, especially the PPM versions. :cry:
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Mike_K wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 17:58 ......So there was no need for me to stash all those DHT modules away!

Mike
Well Mike, if you end up not needing your stash let me know - I'm certain an arrangement could be come to ;) ;) :P
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
F2B

Post by F2B »

rudderonlybird wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 21:53 That figures :lol: I have a total of five DHT modules for waiting vintage transmitters :) Aloft Hobbies here Stateside show compatible receivers 'not in stock'...fortunately, I usually buy a receiver with the DHT's
For receivers, try these: Motive RC R8SB
F2B or not to be....
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Frsky have just announced their new hack module....... https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/xht/?f ... -XTZ1EkPsI
Cheers,

Dave
Al Clark

Post by Al Clark »

Will this XHT Module work with Phil G's 7Ch Arduino Encoder? I noted the "Smart" 3 wire cable. Does that have to get a digital signal from an encoder for the module to work?

Another question: Since this module performs telemetry, what is required to get the telemetry voice output? For example, if I convert a 1970's TX using the Phil G encoder and this module, what is required to get the telemetry voice output? It would be nice to be able to have variometer and altitude outputs on an older converted radio.
Al Clark
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

The XHT is a disrobed XJT so it will work fine with any PPM encoder Al.
I dont know, I'm surmising, but telemetry will be via the serial smartport, I dont see
any other interface. So you'll need something to decode and present that info, no
doubt someone will have done it as a project. Otherwise, with PPM alone, if you're
lucky you might get RSSI pips like the old DHT, thats all :D
Have you ever been slope soaring on a crowded hilltop with three or four Taranis
users? the constant babble of voice telemetry and vario pips from all directions is
infuriating :lol: Either that or you cant chat as they have earphones in their lugs!
I think retro enthusiasts should be happy they have servo-reversing :D :D :D

I just googled 'smartport telemetry reader' and there is quite a lot to peruse... eg
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... y&hl=en_GB
JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Hear, Hear!
John H.
"Here's another fine mess you've gotten me into."