Decal needed

Post your images here
chlluk

Decal needed

Post by chlluk »

Hi
Has anyone created a vintage Fleet logo for the GG tx.and if so how do you make a decal.
Clive
Shaun

Re: Decal needed

Post by Shaun »

Which Tx are you after?

There's single stick, and twin stick versions.

I made one for my RCS Reed 10 by scanning the old one, used Photoshop to tidy it up and fix the damaged parts and then printed onto thin inkjet vinyl that covered the whole front face of the tx. A coat of satin spray polyurethane fixed the print.

Shaun
Mike_K

Re: Decal needed

Post by Mike_K »

Some of us use a method that I learned from Ron. First, take a photo of the transmitter, or preferably remove all switches and joysticks and scan the transmitter. Then use Photoshop (or a similar graphics program) to correct any parallax, and then tidy up the text and graphics to produce a jpg, tiff or pdf. It's then printed to scale on transparent/clear laser or inkjet self-adhesive vinyl film. The label is then sprayed with clear polyurethane lacquer to protect it. The label can then be applied to the case. As an example, I bought a Min-X GG set without a label and made a label for it, the result was near identical to an original I have.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=789

Unfortunately, that method won't work for a Fleet GG set as the Fleet transmitter uses white lettering/logo on a blue paint surface and normal laser and inkjet printers can't print in white. You then have a few options:
1. Use a commercial label service that offers white on clear vinyl labels
2. Use cut white vinyl labels (but the text may be too fine for that)
3. Buy an expensive "Ghost White" toner for a supported printer, they are into the thousands of pounds, so not economical for a one-off
4. Print the blue/white on a large white vinyl self-adhesive film label and cover the complete transmitter, I think an A4 sheet would just about cover the size

I can't take a photo or scan as my Fleet GG set is on loan at BMFA Buckminster, but here is a photo I took a while back that may do.
Fleet_PEP3000CP.jpg
Mike