Veron Robot

Post your images here
HenkB

Veron Robot

Post by HenkB »

In the process of building a Veron Robot. Here a link to the Dutch Forum if you like to follow the built. https://www.modelbouwforum.nl/threads/v ... ng.285160/

We're looking for a good resolution picture of of the Veron kit to extract the image of the Robot. The picture which I could find is not good enough.
Can anybody help me with a better image?
Robot doos.jpg
The idea is to make a good decal.
Henk
Shaun

Re: Veron Robot

Post by Shaun »

I have a feeling the robot image on the kit is almost identical to the one from the "forbidden planet" movie. You should be able to find an image on the web.

Phil Smith was a dear friend of mine and his prototype Robot didn't have a robot graphic on it.

Also the Veron Decals ( transfers) came in a range of different colours. Yellow/ black, red/ white, white/ black, burgundy / gold , and most likely others as well.

The same kits didn't always have the same decal colour. The yellow/ black was the most popular

Rgds,

Shaun.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Henk,

I built a Robot some years ago........
IMG_0316 (800x600).jpg
For the "Veron" and "ROBOT" motifs on the wing I scanned the words off the plan and took them to a signwriting company who lazer cut them out of vinyl. It was some time ago but I think they may have just used my scans as a template and then tidied them up on their own rather more sophisicated software before lazer cutting.

Paul
HenkB

Post by HenkB »

I know that there wasn't a robot decal provided in the kit, just a Veron wing if I remember well. But it should be fun to use the image on the box and make a decal out of it. And Paul nice Robot you've built!
Henk
HenkB

Post by HenkB »

Robby Forbidden Planet.jpg

You mean this one Shaun?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

That's the one..
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

If you can't find what you are looking for, this little chap would be quite fun.........
340019331_591902172970848_5109151129644620062_n.jpg
Paul