best way to resize images

Post your images here
TomWatson

best way to resize images

Post by TomWatson »

I don't know the best way to resize these images. Can anyone help?

Regards

Tom Watson
Mike_K

Re: best way to resize images

Post by Mike_K »

Tom

I always use Photoshop to resize images, though there are many other photo editing programs that could do the same. The full Photoshop is a bit of an overkill for this, Photoshop Elements would be more than adequate and easier to learn and a fraction of the price.

But if you only want a few things resized, then post them here and say what size you want them and I could resize them for you.

Mike
Martin

Post by Martin »

Gimp is a good free Photoshop alternative available on Windows, Linux and Mac.

It's rather complicated to use all its features, but to resize, you just need to be able to load an image (File Menu, Open...); resize (Image menu, Scale Image...); and then save the resized image (File Menu, Export as...)

There are some on line image resizers where you drag-and-drop your image to a website, ask the website to resize and then save the resulting image. Most of those pages have buttons inviting you to download and install their spam-ware: stay clear of those buttons and just use the on-line parts and they work okay.
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Hi Tom, are you a windows, Mac or Linux user?
Do you want to reduce the file size of images for posting online or emailing, or do you want to enlarge images as well?
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Ralkbirdy

Post by Ralkbirdy »

Not for me, I have to open them in my Android photo section reduce the area and eventually they seem to get accepted.
TomWatson

Post by TomWatson »

I found a free program called Photo Pad, works perfectly.