Motors past.

Everything retro I.C.
PaulJ

Re: Motors past.

Post by PaulJ »

This is the first engine my Dad bought me when I was maybe 10 y/o. Unfortunately the original intake/tank has been long gone since it was replaced with this throttle thingy. It was second-hand then (so it is at least 60 y/o!) and it still runs though I don't fly it any more.
IMG_0386.JPG
This is the rest of my Mills family........
IMG_0824.JPG
The Mk1 1.3 once belonged to H.J.Towner and the 2.4 (along with some other engines) I bought a few years ago from Dennis Bryant.
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Nice to see you back Paul after the past 'upset'. Have you run the 2.4?? My Aurora one is a good 'paper weight'.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Thanks Jackdaw, yes It's nice to be back amongst like minded "retrobates"....... Yes, I have run the 2.4 and it runs beautifully. I haven't flown it yet but it is destined to fly, probably in a Junior 60 when I get round to building it! The Mk2 1.3 is currently in a Hep Cat for which it has more than enough power.....
IMG_0271.JPG
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

A few more small diesels & glows to jog the grey matter!

Anybody know what all the unboxed ones are?
Small Diesels & Glows.jpg
Shaun
Stew

Post by Stew »

I'll have a go...
From L to R top row. Cox Space Hopper, WenMac .049, McCoy .049, Enya?, O.K something? Enya 09,

Bottom row, Haven't a clue, ED Baby Mk2? ED Bee, ED Bee, MK17.

How did I do?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Not a bad effort Stew..
3 correct on top line , 4 correct bottom line...

Enlarge the photo and you'll get some more of them.

Shaun
F2B

Post by F2B »

Shaun wrote: 04 Mar 2018, 18:07Anybody know what all the unboxed ones are?
No, but 2 of them I know, I had some myself.

Nr. 2 top row, a Wen Mac Mk. XII
ImageImage
My second engine, my first glow (after a Webra Record 1.5 diesel, that powered my first CL trainers and first aerobat) The Wen Mac came from a crashed Wen Mac P39 CL ARF of a class mate.
It powered my first RC model, a Topsy:

Nr. 4 top row, a Enya 09-II, my 4th engine.
It replaced my second Webra in the little aerobat ' Mini Suppi, this combination gave me our national Beginners Stunt trophy in 1970.

Because of that I had to 'move up' to full F2B. :o
Oh well, took me one more year producing a recognizable schedule, so not to bad after all.... :)
New weapons of choice were a Super Suppi, mini Suppi's big brother and a Fox .35.
F2B or not to be....
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

In the top row I agree withthe Cox, Wenmac and McCoy and I think the "Enya?" is an Enya 09, the "OK Something?" is an OS Pet and the one at the right-hand end is a later OS Pet 099(?)

Front Row.... LH end is a Frog 80, I agree with ED Baby, Mk1 Bee, Mk1 BeeBee and at the RH end is a Russian MK 17.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

PaulJ wrote: 04 Mar 2018, 20:33 In the top row I agree withthe Cox, Wenmac and McCoy and I think the "Enya?" is an Enya 09, the "OK Something?" is an OS Pet and the one at the right-hand end is a later OS Pet 099(?)

Front Row.... LH end is a Frog 80, I agree with ED Baby, Mk1 Bee, Mk1 BeeBee and at the RH end is a Russian MK 17.
All good Paul except for the one everybody thinks is a Cox.. it isn't....

Did you know you could get a spark ignition version of the MK17... rare, I've never seen one for sale second hand or even new..

OK how about the top middle and top right boxed engines.. The top right engine is on view below it - dark red cylinder head..

Shaun
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I think they are chinese "Silver Swallows" but I wouldn't like to say which ones.....