I've stuck Jetex here

Everything retro I.C.
Shaun

I've stuck Jetex here

Post by Shaun »

Here's a few ready to use models I've collected over the years.
Jetex also made a helicopter that used two motors on the blades.
Jetex.JPG
Shaun
Igull

Re: I've stuck Jetex here

Post by Igull »

Goodness, I've just seen this Shaun - my Dad bought me the speedboat as a kid - I was about 10 and I can even remember the price - 10/- Jetex has always been a wonderful thing to me having built loads of models back in the day.
In latter years, I even worked on a design for a disposable jetex cartridge that uses smoke pellets - not terribly powerful (probably less than an Atom 35), but no fuses/gauzes/burnt finger :-) I even bought a veterinary cauteriser to fire them off :-)
I recently saw the jetex car (not the one shown - yellow ?) in a local antique shop - sans the motor and they wanted 75 wine coupons - I offered 25 as the motor was missing - wasn't having any of it and said they sell on fleabay for 100's of pounds. Needless to say, every time I go in, it's still there - it did have a few gauzes and pellets :-)
I still never found out what happend to that Powermax 'jetex' design that used CO2 (it was in RCME back in the 80's/90's ???) - not the crappy Jet-X stuff that burned pellets like Jetex.
There seems to be piles of stuff on here that I miss and only appears at certain times - bit like Brigadoon LOL
Cheers
Neil
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Brigadoon... Now there's a black & white classic film of yesteryear when films were developed on highly inflammable celluloid and not allowed to be carried on public transport... Ok maybe not that old

I've an idea , as we are going reduced sized models this year at Ponte for the theme how about a r/c Jetex model. That should be fun and potentially flammable. 😁

I'm still on the look out for a jetex helicopter if anybody has one looking for a new home. Also the optional augmentor tube (preferably boxed).
ozrs

Post by ozrs »

There was one on ebay recently - tho pricey!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jetex-Helic ... 7675.l2557
jetex.jpg
Richard
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

I had the Jetex race car as a Christmas present the first year it appeared. Mine was red, like the one in the photo but I believe they came in several colours, certainly blue, black and yellow and maybe others. It could be run in a straight line along a "string" through lugs in the underbody or tethered in a circle. Trials in a straight line down the garden path were successful albeit coming to rather an abrupt stop at the end. Tethered running indoor, using the centre pivot mounted in the weighted box as specified were less successful, apart from filling the room with noxious fumes, after two or three laps when it had achieved terminal velocity (i.e. it was a blur!) it took off with the line, box, weights et al and finished in hissing heap in the corner of the room! We did solve this one as my father, who worked as a machinist, made me a solid steel block weighing about 15 pounds as a pivot anchor, but the fume problems discouraged much more indoor running. It was fun though and I used the 50 motor in several aircraft models later.
Attachments
Jetcar.jpg
Jetcar.jpg (9.6 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

I always had enough trouble getting one Jetex to ignite, back in the day! The thought of trying to get TWO of them going at the same time on the helicopter...... :shock:

--
Pete