Sharma Diesels

Everything retro I.C.
jackdaw

Sharma Diesels

Post by jackdaw »

Just come across this shop if anyone is interested. They seem to have stock.
http://scalehobbyshop.de/epages/814307e ... ListPrice=
Shaun

Re: Sharma Diesels

Post by Shaun »

They are expensive copies (made in India ). A genuine, quality engineered PAW 1.5 cc motor is only £68.00 direct from the manufacturer. The Sharma equivalent is 109 euros or around £95.00. Nylon carb for the RC version :roll: I believe they made a Taplin Twin copy a number of years ago. I suspect this reseller has applied a serious degree of marking up. My 50 year old PAW19D is still in excellent fettle and delivers the goods.

Shaun.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Buy direct from Sharma :- https://www.aeromodelindia.com/product-category/engine/
1.5cc - 4,000 rupees = 43.76 pounds ,bit rough on the outside, but castings are sound and very well machined and fitted, the Taplin twin was made by the other Indian company that made the poor quality Mills motors.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

You would be hit with about £15.00 vat and duty charges on top of that for the UK. I would stump up the extra modelling tokens for a PAW personally. When they've gone we no longer have a mainstream model diesel manufacturer in the UK.

Shaun.
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Shaun wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 16:35
When they've gone we no longer have a mainstream model diesel manufacturer in the UK.
When they've gone, we no longer have a mainstream model engine manufacturer in the UK - period!

Yes, I know we still have Laser, but they are hardly mainstream, and only make bigger stuff! Anything under .40 size is getting very hard to find, these days!

--
Pete
F2B

Post by F2B »

Pchristy wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 09:43
Shaun wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 16:35I would stump up the extra modelling tokens for a PAW personally. When they've gone we no longer have a mainstream model diesel manufacturer in the UK.
When they've gone, we no longer have a mainstream model engine manufacturer in the UK - period!
Not to forget...
The maker of the best control line cables available. Period!, on my behalf too.

So yes, I hope Tony and Paul will manage to keep things going the way they did.
F2B or not to be....