Hi everyone

Important Announcements and information
How to register on this forum
RON
Site Admin

Hi everyone

Post by RON »

Hi folks, just to let you all know I’m still kicking about, not done any aeromodelling or radio control projects recently though.
I did rejoin the BMFA so maybe I’ll get back into it again sometime. I do look at the forum occasionally to try and keep up to date with stuff, I have noticed it mostly seems to be propo stuff that’s posted, come on single channellers, get posting, as there is still interested people out there. Me included.

Ron
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Tobe

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Tobe »

Good to hear from you Ron, must admit that I'm missing you. I'm sure your morse code is up to high speeds...my hearing is getting worse for every day so I'm quite sure I have behind me my last code QSO.
Model wise I'm undoubtedly behind schedule due of been busy building not only a GG-Tobe R/C system but also a propo with a lot of help from Phil & Mike but it is in somewhat completed so I'm on my way back to the "balsa shop" and sure hope to see at the next Ponte.
Hope to see you soon
Big squeeze to everyone
73 de Tobe-SM6YXK/W4TDk
Cheers,

Tobe
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Hi Tobe,
Nice of you to say, Aye my morse is good enough now, average around 28wpm, send and receive,
Ive been looking at my KK invader with the intention of charging it up and giving it a fly. I did actually intend to come to Ponty this year but unfortunately something cropped up at the last minute and I couldn't make it. If there's one next year I shall attend, looking forward to meeting the usual crew.
73's

Ron
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

That's when there's one next year Ron, not if :D :D

Good to see you back .
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Ron

Good to hear you're keeping well and getting back into flying soon.

While single channel has been a bit quiet on the forum lately, there was plenty of S/C flying at Ponty this year and I understand at the recent Old Warden event too (I couldn't go to OW due to family commitments), so I wouldn't get too worried that S/C is dead yet. PaulJ even got a mention in the latest RCM&E with his OS Pixie MK2 replica! And Shaun's next column in RCM&E will be Ponty, so S/C still getting plenty of publicity. Maybe you could do another S/C conversion or recreation to kick-start some S/C on the forum?

Cheers

Mike
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Hi,
Mike, I’ll see what I can conjour up, I don’t have the time I used to have so might be a while.
Ok on the S/C at ponty this year. I’ll try and stir a bit of interest on the forum again.

Ron.
HenkB

Post by HenkB »

RON wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 15:23 Hi folks, just to let you all know I’m still kicking about, not done any aeromodelling or radio control projects recently though.
I did rejoin the BMFA so maybe I’ll get back into it again sometime. I do look at the forum occasionally to try and keep up to date with stuff, I have noticed it mostly seems to be propo stuff that’s posted, come on single channellers, get posting, as there is still interested people out there. Me included.

Ron
Hi Ron,
We recently had a vintage meeting on our airfield near Zwolle in the Netherlands. Lots of vintage aircraft including S/C.
DOW 2021.jpg
I myself had several successful flights later in the day when the wind calmed, with my rudder only Kadett fitted with a sequential escapement and Webra 1.5 cc diesel. Radio control used is my Futaba 5S replica made with ideas found on this forum and the help of my flying buddy Bruno (F2B) who simplified the Arduino sketch.
Zenders vintage.jpg
Shown here is Pieter Paul with his 60 % reduced free flight Kadett and also holding my Graupner Kadett.
2 Kadetts.jpg
_AL_

Post by _AL_ »

My single channel Tomboy flew away some time ago & I haven't built another yet. I got a bit too brave with an increasing wind & lost it over the national park somewhere.
I will build another at some point as I loved that thing.

I still have the Single Channel Pulstar but despite a few successful flights, I've never really got it to the point where I enjoy flying it & every time it crashes the motor pylon breaks off & tears the wires out of the motor.
We've been in lockdown for months but hopefully out next weekend so I plan to start flying again soon.