A full NRF24L01 FHSS Single Channel outfit :-)

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
Phil_G

Re: A full NRF24L01 FHSS Single Channel outfit :-)

Post by Phil_G »

Thanks lads
It means there is some packet loss, but that's ok, if it's a 'stable' 7hz that doesn't seem to vary much it could be busy channels at your location that aren't getting through, You could check by doing a pair of RF Nanos with a different 16 channels to your usual ones. It could be something resonant at a particular frequency that's 'absorbing' a channel. Also, is the measurement method accurate? Essentially servos need 50 updates per second and your set is receiving 140 so plenty of redundancy left! :)
Cheers
Phil
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

Possible to post a link to the nrf units purchase origin?

With so many clone units that simply do not have any range (still see many reports on this), it would be, I think , a good addition.

I did see a reference to "keywish"...so do they deal from one of the online suppliers?
John Ryan

Post by John Ryan »

Phil you were spot on with your thinking as to why I was only getting a 7Hz packet rate. After playing with a couple of Nano RFs I managed to get a steady 10Hz after changing the channel numbers. All loaded up in both the S/C and propo sets and rock steady,
Many thanks!

There is a Ali Express link to a Keywish NRF in Phil's lockdown project some where. I used it and ended up with some EBYTE shielded ones. They work very well.

John
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

John Ryan wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 03:27 There is a Ali Express link to a Keywish NRF in Phil's lockdown project some where.
Looked and found reference but link is dead.

So back to original request I guess.

Edit: Tried searching for Keywish store with Aliexpress as a reference, all suggested ways to find the store came up a big fat zero.
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

John Ryan wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 03:27 Phil you were spot on with your thinking as to why I was only getting a 7Hz packet rate. After playing with a couple of Nano RFs I managed to get a steady 10Hz after changing the channel numbers. All loaded up in both the S/C and propo sets and rock steady,
Hi John, just to clarify, the transmitted packet rate is 200 per second, the rx LED flashes every 20 packets received - so your packet rate at a 7hz flash was 140 per sec (plenty!) :D
bluejets wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 23:04Looked and found reference but link is dead
Its best to search on Ali Jeff as the links never last very long, its like Amazon, a marketplace for various sellers that come & go :D
Here is a 'current' Keywish RF-Nano but it will probably be gone in a couple of weeks:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002105253367.html
these look ok too, doesnt say Keywish so may have CSN & CE on different pins:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004921028246.html
The 'canned' transmit modules are like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000132850562.html
...then you just need some sort of 328P processor board, a Promini, Nano, DIY-More etc
For short range you can make a tx using another RF-Nano but you cant really fly with it (I tried, ask Shaun!)
I do actually have a few spare canned tx modules but we cant send international post yet following the ransomware attack on the Royal Mail :(
Cheers
Phil
PS Order an extra RF-Nano, it makes Martin's band-scanner so easy to build!
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1008
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

Thanks for the info....much appreciated.

I had been searching for "keywish" but can see now it may have been futile given the suppliers you mention here.

Cheers Jeff
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Four years of frequent S/C flying later, here's an update to the S/C NRF FHSS code which makes the quick-blip throttle easier to achieve, the timing is much less critical and its generally easier to use. Thanks to Ron for guinea-pig duties :)
The new sketch "nrf_sc_230424.ino" is at the bottom of the opening post but I've left the old one there too. I'd recommend the new sketch for any new builds. My RS Navigator and OS PIxie have the update and I do find it more relaxing to use - you dont have to concentrate on your quick-blip timing so much now. You may want to change the S/C 'tone' button input, I use D0 as its convenient for the DIY-More (what used to be the module header on PPM encoders) but the earlier sketch used D8 for the button. Change "#define sw_btn 0 // pushbutton for s/c compound " to suit, and
dont forget to change the radio config to your own GUID key and hopping channels :)

Cheers
Phil