Frequency hopping experiments on the NRF24

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
tiptipflyer

Re: Frequency hopping experiments on the NRF24

Post by tiptipflyer »

Thanks Phil,
failsafe is set at motor off.
The OS Pixie MK2 is also on my todo list, the case is printed waiting for the interiors.

Frank
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Phil_G wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 14:04
iflylilplanes wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 01:46Hey Phil, How much for a TX and RX without batteries and servos to Australia? just wondering, should fit inside an OS Pixie case with room to spare.
Its more fun to DIY Dave, do you do Arduino stuff? If not I could send you the pre-programmed bits at cost. Is it the S/C you're interested in?
Just about to start converting a 1970 Futaba 4 channel metal case transmitter with a Digispark, that's about as much Arduino I will have experience with. Haven't had time over the last 12 months to do any modelling, with a few hospitalizations and a lot of work around the house with storm damage. I have three other conversions in various states of progress, 2 x MacGregor and an ABC Micro

Yes, I've got an OS Pixie, the earlier square case version.
Cheers,

Dave
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

tiptipflyer wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 16:28
......I know, the Willy needs a carwash.
Cheers
Frank
Strictly speaking, wouldn't that be a Willy wash?? :oops: :roll:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
F2B

Post by F2B »

Phil_G wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 17:49 Dont do what I did - I forgot to set the default failsafe to 1500 and when I switched off, the car threw itself backwards across the shed into one of my shiny guitars :D :lol: :oops:
If I'd keep one of my instruments in the shed, it would be anything but shiny and next station would be the dump, so nothing lost in my case.... :lol:
The shed is home to our 4 daily bicycles, my real bike lives inside too. :D
On topic: I've ordered some RF nanos and PA fitted NFwatchamacallits too.

No way I can use those at my club or anywhere else in the Netherlands as we're having a policy of only EU sanctioned gear or else no insurance, hence no flying.
But whenever I get to fly in the UK again it would be OK, I guess? :roll:
F2B or not to be....
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I've joined the NRF club. This G45 Space Commander was a true basket case and I have no idea why I decided to spend hours cleaning the case, repainting the white line on the front, polishing the aluminium plates and then having to strip, clean and rebuild the sticks when I have many other transmitters that would have made a suitable donor with little effort. The internal corrosion was that bad it had even found it's way into the battery meter so I've replaced that with a digital one I had laying around.

Anyway, I'm glad I did as it looks great and is very different. It's basic with just 4 channels, throttle lock and the single channel button.

Cheers,

Shaun
G45 Space Commander.jpg
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Here is the results of my lock down project. The electronics is based on Phil's project but customized to suit GG as it has progressive throttle and separate rates för rudder & elevator with no expos.
The stick is my own lock down project and has a 3rd trim/slider for whatever could be needed, i use this channel in my high rate actuators to set the desired rate.
The case is of 1mm aluminum with a few bends, and would need a paint job.
The case size is 180x125x40 mm

tobe_nrf_gg1.jpg

A few bits and pieces are still missing like On/Off switch and the push button for the timer.
Nothing of all this would have been possible w/o the inspiration and ingenuity of Phil and in part also this community so
Thank you to all of you out there

tobe_nrf_gg2.jpg

tobe_nrf_gg3.jpg

Cheers

Tobe
Last edited by Tobe on 24 Jun 2020, 21:54, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers,

Tobe
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

This is definitely a first Tobe. A totally home brewed RC system....love it 👍.Have you any more images of the 3D printed holder for the NRF module?

Shaun.
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Here you go. You will have to "clean" the back of the board where the antenna holder is in place, I cut them flush. The tolerances are quite tight and only the tightening of the antenna will pull the board fully in place
unnamed (1).jpg
RF24-Holder B.jpg
RF24 view.jpg
Part33.STL
(41.1 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
RF24-Holder.JPG
Last edited by Tobe on 24 Jun 2020, 22:36, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers,

Tobe
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Great idea.
WernerL

Post by WernerL »

Wonderful Tobe!

Such amazing work. I love the nRF module mount; it is so simple, tidy and functional!

two thumbs up, Werner